The Galen Foundation
- Mission Statement
- What is the Galen Foundation?
- Who Was Galen?
- The Galen Foundation Goals
- Upcoming Lectures
- Purchase CDs/DVDs/Donations
The Galen Foundation Mission
What is The Galen Foundation?
To fill the knowledge gap between science and the public on health maintenance.
A complete mind-body-soul approach, supported by today's science and yesterday's wisdom.
What is the Galen Foundation?
The Galen Foundation is a charitable, non-profit organization aimed at propagating health information to the public and promoting holistic living - physical, mental, and emotional health.
Dr. Pradip Jamnadas is the founder and Chairman of the Galen Foundation. Dr. Jamnadas gives monthly lectures about prevalent cardiovascular health issues and how to evade/prevent them.
Please check for updates on up coming lectures!
Who Was Galen?
Galen was the physician to Marcus Aurelius, the Roman emperor. Galen introeuced the meaning of the word "doctor" as one who teaches. (A doctrine is a teaching).
Galen believed that a physician's true role is to teach patients to heal themselves from disease and take preventative measures to fster health and well-being. He taught that health is not the absence of disease, but rather, a complete balance of mind, body, and spirit. Happiness and peace are cherished goals.
Thus, it is the goal of The Galen Foundation to enhance the public's knowledge on health issues.
Galen needs your generous support to bring valuable health lectures and writings to the public. Once one is empowered into knowledge and awareness about prevention, healthful living, and effective treatment options, patients can make greater strides toward achieving their goals of complete healing.
The Galen Foundation Goals
The Galen Foundation was established to propagate health information to the public
- Return illness and disease to health and healing through lifestyle and mindstyle changes
- Enhance health and well-being through knowledge and awareness
- Foster a more stress-free life through stress management strategies encompassing the newest and oldest methods
- Propagate information on proven safe and effective medical therapies
- Enhance psychospiritual awareness to foster a sense of peace and balance with holistic living
- Education in the strategic value of exercise and fitness for mental and physical wellbeing
- Propagate information for preventive medicine
- Enhance awareness of the importance of food nutrition and diet to mental and physical well-being
Upcoming lecture dates for 2013 are here!
Looking for an event to go to with your family, friends, or neighbors?? Then look no further, come join us for this fun event. Do not forget to mark these dates down on your calender now!
March 7, 2013
- A Path to Health & Vitality................................. Dr. Kirti Kalidas, MD, ND
June 13, 2013
- Wellness.. What does it mean?............................ Dr. Banji Awosika, MD
September 5, 2013
- How to Reduce Inflammation.......................... Dr. Mojka Renaud, LN, AP
November 7, 2013
- Acupuncture & Disease................... Dr. Chengchao Yin, AP, OMD
- The Mind............... Dr. Pradip Jamnadas, MD, FACC, FACAI, FCCP, FACP
6:30pm-9:30pm at the Winter Park Garden Club
1300 South Denning Drive, Winter Park, Fl 32789
Open to ALL!
Admission is FREE!
Snacks will be served
*Please RSVP for this event at 407-894-4880 Or Email: JBarker@OrlandoCVI.com
Audio Cds Available for $10
What Causes a Heart Attack
Stillness vs Silence: Gateway to Health and Happiness
Stress: Today's Killer Disease
Transformational Energy: Change Today
Eating, Talking, Sleeping, and Walking
Food for Healthy Thought
New Therapies for Heart Disease
DVD Available for $15
Optimizing your Health (A Compilation of lectures)
How to Avoid your Heart Attack - Pradip P. Jamnadas, MD
First Line Therapy for Optimum Health - Kirti Kalidas, MD
Your Health and You: We Have Met the Enemy and It is Us - Jack P. Facundus, MD
Life Strategies for Maximum Health - Christine E. Jablonski, MD
*** Donations are accepted graciously to help for upcoming lectures***
*To purchase CDs/DVDs, call 407-894-4880 x 3002